WEEK ONE: What the hell am I doing?
Aug 16, 2018
Week One with Accodex has been full on. It's had me on a roller coaster of emotions but I have made it to week two successfully, and I am hungry for more.
Let me break it down for you.
In just this week alone here's what I have achieved:
- Was introduced to the HQ team - this was via online / video links
- Received my "plan of attack" detailing what to expect and what to do over the next 12 weeks.
It's a spreadsheet which is cool (surely I am not the only one who loves spreadsheets!?). I'm marking things as completed as I go...
- Got my official Accodex email ([email protected])
- Linked up my original email ([email protected])
This is so you can still reach me on that one! #branding
- Tried to sort out my email signature but there is still some work to do
- Logged into all the new software systems I'll be using, including Xero, Quickbooks, ReceiptBank, Practice Ignition, and of course "The Codex" where all the magic happens!
- Completed the "onboarding" training online to get me up to speed with what is Accodex, their policies and procedures etc.
- More online training in the technology and sales processes of "the codex" (though I still have HEAPS of questions and things to learn)
- ... and more training in sales and branding
- I updated my LinkedIn
- I updated my Twitter
- I wrote this blog :)
- Met up with Tam to go through the marketing and branding aspects of my business
This will be super helpful for new partners without an established business... I felt accomplished that I already have in place this website, a blog, a social media presence etc. It's nice to be told you're doing the right thing.
- Met up with my partner development manager Chris to set some GOALS
Oh man I love setting goals and making plans. Big things are in the works!
- Met up with some of the other Accodex partners to hear about their experiences and processes
You can see why I am exhausted, right!?
The team in HQ have been really welcoming, supportive, and understanding as I ask them a million questions. They really get it. They understand that this is my baby and that I want to do everything I can to make it blossom. I truly believe they've got my back and we're going to do great things together.
So while I definitely need a nap, I'm really excited for week two. It's set to be just as busy, but I am so motivated! It's a thrilling adventure working on your business instead of just in it.