5 Tips to Help You Stay Motivated
Nov 17, 2018
I was not blessed with height, or ball skills, but damn it I am self-motivated – so this is my JAM and I want to share it with you!
I want to whip you small business owners into shape, so listen up, here are my top 5 self-motivation tips:
- Look at what you’re achieving. Running a small business can be a killer, the late nights, lack of appreciation – I feel you, but how damn good is it at its best! You’re a boss, your own boss in fact and your future is entirely in your hands. So don’t shy away from the fact that what you’re working towards is incredible, very few people have made it this far!
This all comes back to your "why" - know your purpose and it will drive your motivation.
- Break objectives down into the smallest possible actions you can take. Write down your biggest dream, then make them into goals by making them measurable (quantifiable) with a deadline, and then break them into smaller and smaller goals or steps. These will be more easily tackled and achieved. It will means you feel like progress is being made, plus it will make the task at hand seem a lot less daunting.
Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs
- Henry Ford
- Celebrate the little wins. Its not uncommon for there to be a drought between big wins, so celebrating the little ones keeps you pumped up and feeling the progress!
Bonus Tip: if you are already doing #2, then you have smaller tasks / goals and you get to celebrate more often!
- Check-in weekly. Put time aside in your calendar for a weekly check-in on any targets or goals you have set yourself. Review the progress you have made since your last check-in and give yourself a target for the next week… you always want to be moving towards your goals, even if it is slowly.
- If you have no self-control, buy some! Get a business mentor (I'm here if you need) who can help set your targets, track your progress and hold you accountable when you slip up. This is like a personal trainer for your business, and just like its important chisel those abs, its equally as important to clean up that profit margin!
Now get crackin’!